Saturday, November 5, 2011

Perpetual Journey #2

click here for the 1st PART.


#2


It's hard for me to handle everything and they are getting on my nerves. I never thought I would have to be this responsible, acting like a senior member of the family. I mean I am just 17. But then, I can’t let mom handle everything alone either.  
That’s life; it makes you bleed to posses the things you crave for.

In my case I just wanted a little happiness, a company to divert all the sorrows around; I was living a life of solitude here.


High school would starting tomorrow; this being the only route to my escape, it will keep me occupied. My mom and I were picking up the lost pieces of our lives. Though the process was tough but we were the only support for each other.

 “You must be excited about this? “Cribbed my mom.

“Mom, it’s just a high school and I am already a semester late “

“You would find a way out, you are a smart girl “

“Yes, mom” I sighed. Another load to handle, perfect!

“ the school is pity near, you can walk up there, you would see things around as well. You haven’t stepped out, not even once, since we arrived here.”

“ya, I can do that. Mom, I am not good at introducing myself and I don’t wanna make a fun of my self in an unknown place.”

In the evening I saw few kids were playing around the drive way, while I was preparing dinner for the night. Watching them run around gave me goose bumps; I was a grown up now and had no friends here. I stared dejectedly out of the window at them, jumping and screaming in joy. 



Though I couldn't make out what they were up to, my glasses were shut but somehow it brought back pleasant memories.

Mom was busy job hunting and in the process found some good company to kill her time. She was doing well to recover, perhaps at the back of her mind she got the feeling that, things are not gonna come back.
 I was happy for her, though her therapy sessions in the weekend were still on. But I guess they will also end up in the days to come.
I had geared up for the classes tomorrow, would be having some new things to add up in my life.

I tried to sleep in the night but the gushing sound of the rains made it pity difficult and it was quite late when I eventually closed my eyes and drifted off…

to be continued....
.


1 comment:

Someone is Special said...

let's see what happens in the morning..

Someone is Special

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...