Thursday, July 28, 2011

Perpetual journey.



A small dot can stop a sentence but few more dots can give it continuity.
What will you do when life puts more boulders in your path than sleek slopes? Most of us would have surrendered. Well not so Stella, instead of putting down her head she opted to fight for her family, love and for everything that came in her way.
Did she win her battles? What were those boulders? What was the result she got for all the effort? Witness her story with her view.



Eventually we reached our destination, small town in Ireland; Waterford. We had to shift our home, after what happened it was the need of the hour. My mom needed it the most.

This house was not that big, well neither was our family now!
Two rooms, I got the one facing the front yard. A common bathroom near the stairs and a small kitchen.  

“This is just about perfect, don’t you think Stella? “Enquired my mom.
“Hmm, yap”, this was all I could manage.
“Mom, I would rather go and check my room upstairs”
“Oh, ya. You should, all your belongings are placed, and you just have to kepe them according to your choice.

The room was small compared to my previous one, but I decide to love it too, nor that I had a choice.
Wooden floor, a bed, a study table, green lace curtains…
 “I will survive in this little grave of mine” I sighed.

The rest of the day went away in unpacking my stuffs and arranging them around. I gave a look outside, the weather was hazy, clouds scattered with no signs of sun; much to my amusement.



Despite all those incidents happening in their life, hell refused to break loose, the birds were flying as usual and people were involved around, as they were yesterday.  But it was Stella and her mom, for whom life seemed to stuck.
Stella lost her father when she barely managed to walk. And as if this was not enough, her brother committed suicide a month ago. 
After the latter incident her mother lost control over herself, it was then Stella convinced her that living in the same house and city will do no good. They needed to get rid of their past, because it had nothing in store for them…. 



.

2 comments:

Writing Buddha said...

It happens...

Chitranshi said...

I like the use of phrase "hell refused to break loose"
Looking for more of story..
Regards

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...